One of the other questions I tend to be asked relatively often is how I find my clients. So far, all of my clients have come to me because of recommendations. Oddly enough, that seems to be true for many people in this industry. It's really all about getting your foot in the door. Once you have that first client, things just tend to build from there (trusting that you have done your job well!).
Next week, I'll be trying something new. While I am in negotiation with two new authors right now, I have a few openings for new projects so I have decided to purchase a booth at the District Council meeting for Assemblies of God Pastors in Appleton, Wisconsin. It's from March 31-April 2. I'll have information about the services I offer and a few examples of my work with me. I'm rather excited about it. I have never done anything like this, so I'm not really sure what to expect. There should be about four hundred pastors there, so there are many possibilities! If I walk away with a new project, I'll be beyond thrilled. But if all I do is plant a seed for a future project I'll be happy too. I'm also going to get the chance to unveil one of my recent projects: "Growing the Church: Double in Three to Five Years" by Pastor Dave Ford. How exciting! So, if you're planning on attending the event, make sure to stop by my booth and say hi!
I seem to have found a bit of niche with pastors and other Christian authors. So far, all of the authors I have worked with have been pastors (I'm in negotiation with one author who falls into the "Christian testimonial/self-help" genre) and it has been such an honor. In the past I've talked about how much I love the idea of giving a literary voice to people who may not have one otherwise; helping pastors share their thoughts and stories is a great delight.
Well, it's getting late and I have a big day tomorrow. I'll be working in the nursery at my church during both services and we're expecting a lot of kids since it's Easter! I'll make sure to blog when I get home from the Council Meeting to let you know how things went. Thanks for stopping by! Happy Easter! God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment